Buying quality Exhaust Duct is important for Commercial and Industrial Setting
Role of the exhaust duct
An Exhaust Duct permits exhaust ventilation efficiently and is more powerful in eliminating the airborne unwanted materials from the environment. There are many varieties of duct hose products helping in ventilating the air, dust, and chemical fumes, thereby meeting your applications demands.
Checklist of Items
DLV can also install new Kitchen exhaust fans with wiring done by electricians and these steps:
Choose the exhaust fan of the right size for the application:
- The fans in the kitchen are operated intermittently and are to move 100CFM air or even more. Selecting a fan with 150 to 200CFM with rating the Energy Star so that it pulls 100 CFM at least.
- The continuous fans should move air 25 CFM and the recommended Energy Star will get at least 5 air changes an hour depending on the volume of the kitchen.
Install the fan above the stove, or in the wall
- Cut a hole for the duct or fan a bit larger than required and the opening is air sealed with low-expansion foam or caulk after installing the fan.
- Use mechanical fasteners, mastic, foil tape, or all three.
- The exhaust hoods must be installed over the broiler units and it should have a clearance of 24 inches above the cook top.
Vent the fan to the outside: away from the attic.
- A straight duct is best than any flex ducting.
- Avoid denting the ducts as misshapen ducts change the air flows way through the pipe and this is not for good.
- Avoid downsizing ducts as the small vents trap grease and it results in fire.